Monday, December 10, 2012

My Wonderful Grandmother


Cheryl Diann Eberts

I was born the 2nd of November 1947. I was the middle child. My sister, Kay, was 6 and ½ years older than me. My brother, Earl, was 2 years younger. I was born in Wellston, Ohio. My mom was a homemaker; my dad drove a truck hauling coal. When I was three, my family moved to Romeo, Michigan. We lived in a trailer park. I attended kindergarten there. We then moved to Taylor, Michigan. I attended 1st grade there and my dad worked for Ford Motor Company. He drove truck for them. I attended 2nd grade through 6th grade at Eurekadale elementary school. Eurekadale was a 4 room school and it was about 2 and ½ blocks from my house, so I walked to school every day and came home at lunch time to eat. Sometimes I would watch Soupy Sales, a fun kid show. About 1957, my dad was laid off from work and my mom had to go to work. She worked at the Hi Restaurant as a short order cook. I was young and didn’t know how poor we were. It was hard times for my parents. My dad would drink and was not good to be around. When I was 12 or 13, I met grandpa. He was a new boy in our neighborhood. I thought he was very cute. We dated and got married. About 3 years after we were married, we found the church. Besides grandpa, the church was the greatest blessing for me. It helped me to be a good wife and mother and person. I thank Heavenly Father for the gospel in my life. I have wonderful children who have raised great children.

No comments:

Post a Comment